In light of the established medical emergency due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and for the purposes of the continuity of the regular hours of operation of this Consulate General, as well as avoiding the spread of the transmissible virus, the following preventive measures will be in place from 20 July 2020 regarding our customer service to minimize the turnout in our premises and the gathering of people in our waiting area:
1) All enquires must take place by email at: email@example.com
2) In cases where in-person attendance is unavoidable, the use of a face mask/covering is recommended, as well as a previously scheduled appointment.
3) Anyone who needs in-person assistance in our office must book an appointment prior to attending, scheduled at least 48 business hours in advance by email mentioned in item 1 (for eg., Certificates of existence, legalizations, personal inquiries, visas, certificates, travel authorizations) or through our website www.ctoro.cancillera.gob.ar (for eg., police records, passports, DNI)
4) Certificates of existence: These may be done through a registered notary public or through video call via WhatsApp (see “New procedure: certificates of existence done remotely”). If attending our office in-person, a previously scheduled appointment is required as set out in item 3. It is especially requested that those within the at-risk groups such as people 65 years old and older refrain from attending our office in-person.
5) Travel authorizations: These should preferably be done through a notary public and sent for legalization by mail (Canada post) with a prepaid envelope included for its return.
*sending legalizations by mail instead of in-person delivery is appreciated